Some of our best simple summer meals have been seafood oriented. Here’s an outstanding meal we picked up entirely (almost) at the Wednesday Park City Farmer’s Market at The Canyons. Total cost for two (with wine) was just $25.
All year long we look forward to quiet, warm summer evenings on our deck. And while we enjoy cooking elaborate gourmet meals when we entertain, we also like the simplicity of a quiet dinner for two on the deck that doesn’t take forever to prepare. We have a running joke, ‘well, we might just as well have gone out to Adolph’s tonight for what it cost us to go to the grocery store.
Shopping List (mostly from Park City Farmer’s Market)
- Wild Alaskan king salmon (.60-.70 pounds for two is about perfect; $9 @ $12.99/lb from Eric & Alicia at Wild Alaska Seafoods, a n outstanding Utah-based seafood purveyor)
- Sweet corn (couple ears; $1)
- Arugula salad ($4/bag from Ranui Gardens)
- Volker’s sundried tomato with green and red pepper bread ($5 from Volker’s Bakery, home of the breadheads)
- Deloach Chardonnay ($9.95 special during August at Utah State Liquor Stores)
- Prepare some packaged rice on the stove
- Throw the corn on the grill for 15-20 minutes
- Season king salmon with heated olive oil, lemon juice, and honey
- Grill salmon skin down for 4-5 minutes; flip for another 4-5, remove skin
- Mix arugula with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and parmesan shavings
- Serve with the Deloach Chardonnay (J. Lohr is another great option in same price range)